Mizoram Tour Packages
Mizoram, which shares more than a third of its border with Bangladesh and Myanmar and is home to one of India’s least-visited towns, Aizawl. Mizoram stands apart from the plains of Assam and other bordering states. It is one of the most thinly inhabited states, with just 888573 residents. Mizoram has a mild and pleasant climate all year, and it is a blissful area of tremendous natural beauty with a diverse flora and fauna. Mizoram’s scenic landscapes of bluish hills and mountains, steep rocky cliffs, serene lakes, and deep valleys of gurgling streams plunging down sheer drops to form stunning waterfalls contribute to the state’s pride, despite the fact that it is still recognised remote and thus an unfrequented destination. Rugged terrains and rivers are perfect for a variety of outdoor sports and activities for the more adventurous mindset. The incredible variety of species, particularly birds, is another draw for nature enthusiasts. Mizoram will be the best destination to melt into the culture and artforms of north-east. Check our mesmerizing Mizoram tour packages and plan your trip now.
Best time to visit Mizoram
Mizoram will be at its best from November to march, so it is ideal to visit Mizoram during this time. Weather will be pleasant in these months letting you to enjoy the most out of it.
How to reach Mizoram
Aizawl the capital city has a domestic airport connecting Mizoram to other major Indian states. You can hire a cab from Aizawl to reach major attractions.
The nearest railhead is at Bairabi in Kolasib District. Mizoram is connected to all major Indian cities via rail, and it will be the best route for you unless you want to reach the state fast.
Top 10 facts about Mizoram
- You need to apply for an inner line permit to step inside Mizoram.
- Mizoram got the designation of a state just 33 years ago. It was a part of Assam till 1987
- Mizoram is the second most literate state in India.
- Almost 90% of the state is covered by forest.
- Tropic of Cancer passes through Mizoram.
- Mizoram is home to a plethora of cultural art forms spread across the north-eastern states. In 1959 Mizoram struggled from a famine due to excess rat population.
- Pukzing cave is the largest cave of Mizoram which is believed to be carved by a single person.
- Worlds largest family is in Mizoram. Pu Ziona who lives in Mizoram has 38 wives, 89 children and a lot of grandchildren.
- Fireworks and crackers are banned in Mizoram since 2009.
Things to note before Mizoram Trip
- For admission into Mizoram, you’ll need an inner Line Pass, which you may get from the Liaison Officer, Government of Mizoram, Mizoram Houses in Kolkata, Silchar, Shillong, Guwahati, and New Delhi. Government personnel are exempt from getting ILP but must carry a picture identification card with them at all times while travelling for official activities.
- Tourists flying into Aizawl’s Lengpui Airport can receive temporary permits from the security officer.
- Temporary pass – issued for 15 days
Fees: Rs. 20/- Application Form.
Rs. 100/- Processing Fee
Rs. 20/- Renewal Fee
Requirements: 4 passport size photos and a photo ID (Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport).
- Regular pass – issued for 6 months, a local resident should sponsor you to get a regular pass.
Fees: Rs. 20/- Application Form.
Rs. 200/- Processing Fee
Rs. 100/- Renewal Fee
Requirements: 4 passport size photos and a photo ID, 2 passport size photos of the sponsor.
- All foreign nationals must register within 24 hours of their arrival with the authorised Foreigners Registration Officer of the State, Superintendent of Police Mizoram, Khatla, Bungkawn, Aizawl.
- Citizens of Afghanistan, China, and Pakistan, as well as international nationals with ties to these countries, will continue to need the Ministry of Home Affairs permission to enter the country.
Best places to visit in Mizoram
Aizawl is one of Mizoram’s oldest cities, it attracts a large number of visitors due to the scenic vistas it provides. This little town’s calm setting may leave your mind, body, and spirit completely relaxed. There are several tourist attractions in Mizoram including Hmuifang, Tamdil Lake, Chanmari, Handicraft Museum etc. Hike up to the adjacent steep slopes for a panoramic view of the entire town. Mizoram festivities which takes place in Aizawl is a colourful event which should not be missed. Don’t forget to attend the festival if you got the opportunity.
Are you tired of the busy city life? Lunglei is the best place in north-east India for a relaxing and blissful getaway. Life in thick bamboo groves, green paddy fields, sheer cliffs, and serene lakes will take you back to your childhood. Enjoy the nature and celebrate your vacation in one of the best tourist destinations in India.
Don’t forget to visit Khawnglung wildlife sanctuary during your visit. Explore Lunglei to the fullest before you leave Mizoram and make some blissful memories in the north-eastern soil.
Mamit is a popular tourist destination in Mizoram. There are several attractions in Mamit for that wildlife enthusiasts in you. Dampa Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the best places to visit in Mamit. The sanctuary is home to some exotic species of peacocks, Malabar pied hornbills, crested serpent eagles, and emerald-doves. This is the perfect spot to go if you enjoy being in the wilderness. You may also see some of the most endangered species, such as rhesus macaques and leaf monkeys there. Some of the other places to visit in Mamit are Saitlaw, West Phaileng, Pukzing etc.
Reiek, Mizoram is for those off beat travellers visiting Mizoram. The tranquil village down the slope will bring you the best experience in the calm meadows of this north-eastern beauty. A walk in the woods of Reiek will leave you mesmerized, do not miss the opportunity to visit Reiek during your Mizoram trip.
Murlen National Park
Murlen National Park is a paradise for wildlife enthusiasts. Enjoy the spread of Murlen National Park which is home to more than hundred species of birds, as well as exotic animals, bamboos, and orchids. Murlen National Park is a heaven surrounded by thick tropical, semi-evergreen forest making it the best niche for wide range of exotic species. Even on a sunny day, barely 1% of sunlight can reach the forest as the forest is so thick, which can be compared to the amazon.
Other places to visit in Mizoram
- Kolasib – Riverside Vacation
- Vantawng Waterfalls
- Falkawan Village
- Tamdil Lake
- Murleng National Park
- Dampa Tiger Reserve
- Phawngpui Peak
Top 5 treks in Mizoram
Phawngpui national park trek