A place where people have a beautiful and welcoming aura and are down to earth and a place where one can actually forget all their sorrows and live life to the fullest. It is a treat to one’s eye despite the political disturbances that takes place once in a while. It is one of the most known and loved places of tourists to visit due to its scenic views, gushing streams and the greenery of course. If one wishes to go Kashmir, any month is considered to be suitable to visit but winters in Kashmir will give you a whole different experience of the snow capped mountains and beautiful lakes. For the winter lovers, January to March is said to be the best months to visit Kashmir and make the most of your trip.
Today we have planned to answer a few queries one has while they plan a trip to Kashmir:
- How much does a trip to Kashmir cost: Our personal experience says that 7 days are pretty enough to cover the trip to Kashmir. For a 7 nights and 6 days trip one would have to spend around 19,000/- approx and a trip of two people would cost somewhere around 55,000/-. Depending on the accommodations, sightseeing, and other stuff that comes inclusive the charges might change more or less depending on the tour guide and if you travel for less days the cost can decrease a lot than how much you’ll be spending for a 6 days trip but wouldn’t help you cover all the places in Kashmir.
- Is Kashmir safe for tourists: Kashmir is considered to be very safe for tourists as the gun fights and violence rarely occurs in any of the main tourist areas which is Srinagar Dal Lake, Pahalgam, Gulmarg, Sonmarg etc. So it is said that one can freely visit the state with their family, friends or even their partners without much hassle and enjoy to the fullest.
- Kashmir honeymoon trip: Kashmir itself is known as the most beautiful place for one to visit with their partner and it has more such places one can explore too. Here’s bringing to you a quick glimpse of the places and what you can enjoy there with your better half.
- Srinagar- the most obvious place for honeymoon for its beautiful scenic views.
- Baramulla- heaven for nature lovers.
- Sonmarg- for some amazing panoramic sights.
- Udhampur- it is considered for the mythological visits.
- Patnitop- you can witness Shivalik range.
- Gulmarg- most romantic excursion.
- Foods to try in Kashmir: When in Kashmir you can get all types of options in veg as well as in non veg, we will mention some of our favourite foods that’ll spike up your taste buds: Kashmiri Baigan, Kashmiri Rajma, Momos, Thukpa, Butter Tea, Khambir, Thentuk, Sheermal, Shab Deg, Aab Gosh, Kahva, Goshtaba, Dum Olav, Modur Pulao and the list continues of course. Visit Kashmir and taste the most delicious cuisines present in the state.
- Kashmir road trip itinerary:
- Day 1- You can drive from Srinagar to Pahalgam
- Day 2- In Pahalgam visit Duksum, Kokernag, Martand temple
- Day 3- Go for Lidderwatt Winter Hike in Pahalgam
- Day 4- You can drive your way from Pahalgam to Gulmarg
- Day 5- Spend some free time at Gulmarg
- Day 6- Through Mughal Gardens, Drive to Dal Lake from Gulmarg
- Day 7- Drive your way to Srinagar airport from Dal Lake
So this was it but we hope that this will definitely help you when you plan to visit Kashmir and we hope that you’ll come back with lots of good and beautiful memories from the most amazing place of course. Have a safe and happy journey always and follow all the guidelines correctly!