The mountains make me feel alive! If that is something your heart tells you then you’re at the right place, let us take you on a tour where you’ll understand and know about the best of Hill Stations you can visit in 2022. Himachal wholeheartedly welcomes all of you to be a part of this journey and visit it like never before. Let us tell you about all the beautiful hill stations we loved and what is our personal favorite, something that you can add to your bucket list this New Year.
- Kullu: The most famous and photogenic valleys of Himachal are known for their sparkling streams, orchards, and lush green meadows are loved by all the tourists who visit the place. It is called the “Valley of Gods” as it has many old heritage temples. Kullu is also a popular attraction for trekking, paragliding, and river rafting and the travelers visit the place more often for such adventure sports and because Kullu is a picturesque destination, one can make the most of it. If you want to enjoy snowfall then December to February is said to be the best month or else you can enjoy in March to June.
1. Kasol: A small village which gained its popularity quite easily from the tourists for its mesmerizing scenic views. Kasol is known as the best friend of a nature lover and it is located in the middle of Manikaran and Bhuntar. This place will give you the best and most relaxing experience of your life. One can visit Kasol from October to June and some of the popular attractions here are Kheerganga Trek, Sar Paas Trek, etc.
2. Palampur: A place that wasn’t known by many but is now quite popular amongst the tourists/visitors. This beautiful place is known for tea bags, lush green pine forests, glittering streams and you can also enjoy the chirping of beautiful birds in and around this place. March to June and Mid-September to November is considered the best time to visit Palampur.
3. Shoghi: This place is amongst one of the places where you can spend time with your family as the town is said to be perfect for families to enjoy and even stay for a few days in the nearby resorts and make the most of it. As it is known as “Temple Town” one can find innumerable temples here and some major tourist spots/temples in the Shoghi are said to be: Kali temple, Hanuman temple, Kandaghat, and Jakhoo hill. March to June and September to November is the time when you visit Shoghi and enjoy to the fullest.
4. Kalpa: One of the best hill stations in Himachal surrounded by lofty Kinnaur-Kailash range is one of the favourite amongst bikers too because of the lush greenery it has and of course the amazing views. If one wants to see or experience the best view of Kinnaur Kailash Peak then this hill station located at 9711 feet above sea level is said to be the best. June to September is the period one can visit this place.
5. Mandi: The colonial Architecture and greenery called ‘Varanasi of Hills’ or ‘Choti Kashi’ has the best of pine and deodar trees and is also known for tea plantation. It has almost 81 temples and is home to palaces. April to October is said to be the best time to visit Mandi.
6. Dharamshala: Known as one of the finest yet popular hill stations of Himachal, it has a very spiritual vibe that it gives out to the people who visit. It is known as a place where the Tibetan monk Dalai Lama resided during the period of his ex exile and hence the followers or believers of him or the religion visit the place more often. One can find old monasteries, amazing landscapes, and even some beautiful cafes to spend some quality time. February to June is said to be the best time to visit Dharamshala and one can do sightseeing, shopping, cycling, and of course embrace mother nature.
Apart from these, there are more such hill stations you can visit with your family and friends some of which are: Khajjiar, Manali, Spiti Valley, Chail, Tirthan Valley, Lahaul, Nahan, Mashobra, Shoja, Pabbar Valley and many more!